Brampton Blocked Drain – Emergency Plumber
A gurgling sink may appear to be a mild inconvenience, but it can quickly escalate into a significant plumbing issue if not addressed. Because the gurgling is caused by air seeping through an existing blockage, there’s a chance that more material will become caught as well. As more debris and materials are collected, the obstruction will expand in size until the pipe is blocked, giving you a worse and potentially more expensive plumbing problem to fix, which you are unlikely to be able to do yourself.
Reasons for block drain – Brampton Plumber
- A clogged drain pipe is usually indicated by a loud gurgling noise. There are a variety of causes for this. However, If you can only hear it coming from one drain, that is most likely where the clog is. If trying to turn on the kitchen sink produces gurgling in your bathroom, the clog could be in your main sewer line.
- If you have many slow drains, there may be an issue deep in your home’s drainage and vent system, primary sewer line, or sewage system. Sewer or drain lines that are broken or backed up can cause serious damage to your house, ranging from overflowing to structural issues. It’s difficult that you’ll be able to solve it yourself, and you may not want to put it off any longer.
- Blockage of the drain pipes: This may happen when the drain pipes are clogged with limescale, dirt, muck, or other materials.
- Blockage of the vent pipes: Vent pipes maintain constant air pressure. Vent pipes let new air in from the outside, filling the vacuum and bringing the air pressure back to normal. Heavy snowfall, leaves, bird nests are the common reasons for vent pipes blockage.
- Blockage of the main sewer lines: The main sewer pipe collects everything that goes down any domestic drain and empties in the main sewer system or tank. It might be pierced by tree roots, obstructing flow. Dirt and other particles might enter the pipe through cracks and leaks leading to the blockage of the main sewer lines.
What you can do as a preventative measure?
Following are some of the preventive measures which will reduce the risk of blocking drained causing a slow drain.
- Make sure that all drains have hair guards and that they are cleared regularly.
- Ensure to clean soap scum by pressure cleaning the pipes.
- Do not throw food residue, objects, paper towels, etc. directly into the sink or drains.
The information provided is for general information purposes only and not intended to replace professional service. Please consult a licensed plumber for advice and diagnosis so you can receive the correct service for your specific situation.