Slow drains and clogged pipes in Barrie may appear to be a simple problem at first, however if left unresolved, the problem can quickly grow and result into a plumbing emergency. Slow water drainage, corrosion, floods, and, in the worst-case scenario, sewage backup, and costly repairs can all result from a clogged drain. Understanding the cause of slow and clogged drains is the first step in preventing them. Below are common problems that can cause slow or clogged drains in Barrie.
- A hair strand, which may mix with oil and other sticky things to produce clogs, is a major cause of slow and block drain blockages. The most effective technique to deal with hair blockages is to avoid them in the first place. Ensure that all outlets have hair guards and that they are cleared on a regular basis.
- Soap reacts with the minerals in the water, forming a hard deposit (soap scum) that colors bath fittings and clogs pipes. Switch to soap-free washing and get the pipes cleaned regularly to get rid of any soap residue.
- Waste pipes and drains offer a steady supply of water which can aid in the development of trees and plants. As a result, tree roots frequently infiltrate pipe systems, breaking pipes and clogging drains. To complicate things, leaf litter and plant debris can enter the pipes through exterior drains and cause clogs.
- Never throw food waste into the drain. Set up a composting pile instead to dispose of food waste. This is especially crucial for non-biodegradable garbage like tea leaves and coffee grounds. Grease or oil, for example, should be avoided since they can harden in the pipes and produce a clog. Instead, absorb the oil with a paper towel and compost it.
- Small things such as pins, keys, pens, buttons, clips, and plastic might get into the plumbing system and cause a disaster. Only water, toilet paper, and human waste should be flushed, drained, or poured down the drain. Other items should be properly disposed of in the garbage, compost, or recycled. If any foreign stuff has gotten into the plumbing line and is creating problems, it is best to consider professional assistance to remove it.
- Hard water contains minerals that can accumulate and form insoluble clumps, which can often clog drains. If hard water is an issue in your location, one remedy is to install a water softener in the house. If that is not a possibility, it is best to solubilize and remove sediments frequently. Call for professional help if the mineral build-up is severe.
What you can do if your drain is slow or blocked?
Keeping garbage away from drains is a smart way to start. Grease, hair, food waste, sanitary products, and cotton swabs are the most typical reasons for clogged drains.
Clogged drains and pipes should never be ignored and always be inspected by a professional plumber. If your drains are clogged or sluggish, you should take action as soon as possible. Bradford Plumbing are professional plumbers in Barrie that are equipped with the most modern and advanced tools and equipment to quickly and efficiently repair your blocked or clogged drain problem.
The information provided is for general information purposes only and not intended to replace professional service. Please consult a licensed plumber for advice and diagnosis so you can receive the correct service for your specific situation.